The Ohio Plein Air Society Show: The Best of OPAS
At The Columbus Museum of Art
A Juried, Plein Air Gallery Exhibition
Friday March 3, 2017 to Sunday, June 18, 2017
Entry Deadline: January 15, 2017
Images – Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Entry Fee: $25.00 for up to 3 entries. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline.
To Enter: CLICK HERE!
CALL FOR OPAS ARTISTS:
This juried event will celebrate the plein air tradition by exhibiting and promoting an exclusive group of works painted outdoors in the true spirit of plein air painting. Our juror will select the finest plein air works from members of the Ohio Plein Air Society. We will celebrate at an opening on Thursday March 2, 6:00 –8:00 PM.
There is no theme for this show. Please submit your very best plein air work.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to add a prestigious fine art gallery exhibition to your artist resume.
• All entries must be submitted via Online Juried Shows (www.onlinejuriedshows.com) by January 15, 2017.
• Artists MUST be members of the Ohio Plein Air Society to submit their works.
Go to the Membership page for membership information.
ENTRIES AND FEES:
• A non-refundable entry fee of $25 will be collected from each artist submitting their works.
• This fee is payable online only by credit card via Online Juried Shows (www.onlinejuriedshows.com). All entry fees must be paid by the entry deadline.
• Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 painting images
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please email Help@OnlineJuriedShows.com or call 949-287-8645.
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
• The artist will be responsible for personal delivery of accepted work to The Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43215 on any works selected for exhibition
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
• All submissions MUST BE ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR PAINTINGS (at least 90% done on location)
• Paintings should be completed during the calendar years of 2015, 2016, or 2017
• Our juror will be choosing works they feel best represent the spirit of PLEIN AIR
• Please submit your best PLEIN AIR work only, no studio work
• All artwork MUST BE framed, and wired securely for hanging in a fine art gallery setting
• Works on paper and mediums susceptible to smearing/smudging MUST BE protected under glass or plexi-glass.
• The Columbus Museum of Art reserves the right to reject any artwork deemed improperly framed or improperly prepared for hanging.
• Any work accepted to the juried show MUST BE present for the duration of the scheduled exhibition
• Juror: Dawn Whitelaw, www.dawnwhitelaw.com
• All paintings submitted for judging will be reviewed by our juror between the dates of January 15, 2017 and January 20, 2017
• Each artist member may submit up to 3 paintings to be judged.
• Each painting is judged on an individual basis and, therefore, considered on an individual basis for exhibition, not as a group
• Selections will be announced to ALL ARTISTS, regarding paintings selected or not, via Online Juried Shows by January 21, 2017
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED PAINTINGS:
• Drop-Off date is Tuesday February 21, 2017, from 3-7 pm
• While there are no numerical limitations to the size of each piece being submitted, please only submit paintings that you can easily drop off to The Columbus Museum of Art
• All paintings need to be delivered in a bubble wrap or micro foam envelope
• A predetermined sales price MUST BE provided by the artist for each painting submitted to the show
• A price list will be prepared by OPAS and an OPAS point-person will be designated for all sales; the museum will not be handling sales.
• Prior to receiving the money from a sale, the artist must complete a 2017 W9 form for tax purposes
• The artist will receive 100% of all sales and it will be paid at the show’s completion via check and mailed to the address provided in the artist’s application.
EXHIBITION CLOSE AND RETURN OF UNSOLD WORK:
• The exhibition officially ends Sunday, June 18, 2017
• Pick-up date is: Tuesday, June 20, 2017
DEADLINE/IMPORTANT DATES SUMMARY:
1/15/17 – All entries are due via Online Juried Shows.com
1/15/17 – 1/20/17 – Juror reviews submissions
1/21/17 – Selections announced via Online Juried Shows.com
2/21/17 – Selected paintings MUST BE dropped off at The Columbus Museum of Art
3/2/17 – Opening show reception from 6:00-8:00 pm at The Columbus Museum of Art
6/18/17 – Show concludes.
6/20/17 – Pick up unsold Art at The Columbus Museum of Art
• Address for The Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43215
• The OPAS chairs for this show are Robin Roberts and Tamar Rudavsky
– The Riffe Gallery curated show: July 26, 2018 – Oct. 13, 2018